Friday, April 16, 2010

Kin Niku Man: Phone Strap Figures

I was walking by a mobile phone shop on a trip to Japan in 1999 when a package caught my eye. As I was walking by a stand I thought I had noticed a KinNikuMan item. I went back and found a display of newly released phone straps that had figures attached. Released by the company UNIFIVE, and priced at just under $10. I bought Robin Mask, who is if one of my favorites from the KNM series.



The package includes on strap that features the attached character's name on it. The figure is a re-issue Kinkeshi with a full paint apps and a hook drilled into it for the strap loop. The cool thing about these releases is the addition of a bonus figure. These "mystery" figures were unknown at the time of purchased incased in a small box inside the sealed package. The bonus figures were original colors of re-issued first generation sculpts. There were premium chase gold versions also included. I got a clear purple Mongol Man figure in my pack. Which was cool as I am also a Ramen Man fan.



These sets were not produced in great numbers, and don't show up for sale a lot. When they do surface, they are luckily not too expensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment